I have officially survived two decades in this world and in honor of this milestone I wanted to share with you all some things that I have learned:
- Waking up in the morning is a lot easier when you’re excited about your breakfast.
- No matter how nice you are, not everyone is going to like you and that’s okay.
- Being single means you save a lot of money around Christmas and Valentine’s day.
- There is no need to be ashamed of or embarrassed by your taste in music.
- Spell-check is a wonderful invention.
- You can learn how to do anything by watching a Youtube video.
- Sometimes you grow apart from people and that’s normal…humans are dynamic.
- Never ride a razor scooter while wearing flip flops.
- Don’t compare your life to the the lives of others, because everyone has their own path to take.
- Watch at least two episodes of a sit-com after watching a horror film.
- ALWAYS remove your makeup before going to bed.
- You are never too old for chocolate milk or Disney movies.
- Procrastination is only good for making your future self hate your past self.
- Books are good for the mind and the soul.
- Napping is a beautiful thing, but it can also mess up the rest of your day… so nap strategically.
- Take advantage of any opportunity to experience a new place (whether it’s a town or country). The world is beautiful place and there is so much to see and learn.
- Accept other people for who they are.
- There is something really enjoyable and satisfying about piping frosting onto cupcakes.
- Mistakes create good learning experiences.
- Birthdays are the best, because they are like personal holidays celebrating YOU.
I’m young and I know that I have A LOT more to learn… but I can’t wait to see what those things are in the next twenty years!
I hope you have an absolutely wonderful day! 🙂